Monday, August 20, 2007

This is good

One thing I really miss about DUMC is the balance the church has; charismatic yet also word based. Not perfect of course; yet learning together in mistakes.

A big church, yet utilizing the size not merely for big buildings, but to set up a drug rehab, a handicapped training centre and most recently, a drop in centre for the underprivileged.
A church that sends & encourages its members to go for missions; Cambodia, Nepal, Thailand & not merely short term missions, but long term workers.

The church is having a 3 week fast and daily 530 am prayer meetings.
Am encouraged my sister is going!

I really miss church back home.

Have a listen to this http://www.filefactory.com/file/dbeaeb/ if you are free.
My sister specially bought the cd, downloaded it over the web so that I can get my dose of sermon from Malaysia.

Really encourage you all to have listen even if u have listened to it in church cuz it is so true.

1 comment:

richard said...

Dear All,

There will be no CG on 31Aug. All of you are encouraged to attend the 5.30am prayer meeting followed by a drive to Dream Centre (DC) and a drive to the other Campuses to pryer for them. Its going to be very Exciting.. I strongly encourge you all to come and sit together as a CG (since there is not cg). I also sugget we sit right in front on the left hand side. That area has been designated for CYZ and XYZ. I know more often than not the XYZ takes up the whole place ... but hey don't give up sp easily. Morn Payer is different. Come and sit there with me.. somehow there is a special anointing you can catch when you sit there.

Please make this announce at CG this Friday. I hope to have your commitment at CG Leaders, Assistant Leaders and Interns to be at the 530am Prayer Session on Aug 31. I also hope to sit together with all of you.

After all the "Hard Work" I'm opening up my Condo for all of you who come for the Prayer session / Drive to Chill out. For those who are not fasting...Lunch will be provided. I am hoping that we will use this time to get to know each other better. IF you want to go for a swim or play basketball .. bring the necessary equipment and appropriate clothing ya... Let's have some FUN together.

In Life we always want to move forward not backwards... ya...

CGL Pls confirm numbers for the lunch at my condo and reply via email or sms.


regards,
Vera


~ Touch A Life, Transform A Nation ~
"Greater love has no one than this, that he lay down his life for his friends." John 15:13