Monday, November 12, 2007

Bersih

As a follow up to Ken's post...

Honestly when I saw the pictures and videos online, I was intrigued.
After all, you know la we all Malaysians, we always sit around the mamak talking a lot about politics but if asked to go and berhimpun and if raining some more, we would rather check out the new Pavilion or Gardens at MidValley.

So yea, the turn out was pretty impressive for us "never mind la" Malaysians.

Is this really the start of something different?

But more importantly, am I going to be part of the new change?

I have always been fascinated by autobiographies of those who preserved under persecution. Stories like Corrie Ten Boom were full of drama. How ordinary people risk their lives to hide and save the Jews during World War 2.

Yet, when I reflect back on my life, I know deep down if I were placed in such positions, I probably wouldn't have done the same. True, I would not have supported the Germans either but I'd probably just shut up, keep quiet and be neutral.

Even now, I often just keep quiet when my friends discuss about their own contraception or when the conversation goes about Christians marrying/dating non Christians etc. And I can almost say 100% if I was in KL last Saturday, I'd probably be snoozing in Vista rather than marching.

am I going to be part of the new change?

I hope you get my drift. I end this with a quote I myself need to think about...

The opposite of love is not hate..........

............... it is indifference.





If he did it, where am I? Credits

No comments: